WORD FROM REDEEM ZION

Saturday, February 16, 2008

THA AWESOME GOD

THE AWESOME GOD

“For the Lord Most High is awesome. He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples over us, and nations under our feet. He will choose our inheritance for us. The excellence of Jacob whom he loves.” (Ps. 47:2- 4)

The Lord God (Jehovah Yahweh) is to be reverenced, feared and held in wonder because of who He is and because of great, sacred, majestic and mysterious deeds He always performs from generation to generation.

The Bible says a fire burns brushwood as the fire causes water to boil, to make Your name known to Your adversaries, that the nations may tremble at Your presence, when You did awesome things for which we did not look. You came down, the mountains shook at Your presence.

It takes an awesome God to do wondrous and majestic things on behalf of those waiting for Him. The Bible in several passages commands you and I to ascribe Him greatness because His work is perfect, all His ways are just, He is a faithful God, He is our Rock. He is upright in all His ways, He is to be feared in all His ways, to be held in majesty and awe. When He speaks, it is done, when He commands, His command stands fast forever. It cannot be changed or reversed by any man (Ps. 33:8-9).

The Lord is right, and all His work is done in truth. He loves righteousness and justice. The whole earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. The Bible calls Him the King of Righteousness and the king of Peace. He has no beginning of days or end of life. He is a priest forever. He is a good man that blesses even those who have His promises. He supplies your bread and wine in due time so that you do not experience lack of anything. All your needs are His responsibility.

“Although we have both straw and fodder for our donkeys and bread and wine for myself, for your female servant and for the young man who is with your servant; there is no lack of anything. Peace be with you. However, let all your needs be my responsibility” (Judges 19:19 – 20).

This He does as a show of friendship and hospitality. He gives you victory and ensures your daily provision even when you least think or imagine.

The awesome God is above all people and nations. “The Lord is great in Zion and high above all the peoples; let them praise Your great and awesome name. He is holy” (Ps. 99:2-3).

God is to be reverenced, feared and exalted, worshipped and adored. By His great strength, He loves and executes justice and righteousness in the lives of His saints. He regularly supplies support and help for those who trust in Him. He watches to see you recover and retain lost ground, opportunities as He did for Abraham in Genesis 14: 18-19.

The awesome God forgives all your sins, heals all your sicknesses and diseases, redeems your life from destruction and crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

He is your high priest forever and constantly making intercession for you because He is a priest on the basis of power of indestructible life. He is the one that performs wonders, signs and do the miraculous at will for those that come to Him for help. The paralytic man in Acts 3:2-10 was healed and restored at the name of Jesus Christ, at his sudden transformation, the people around were filled with awe, amazement and wonder at what had just happened to him.

Let your heart, soul, spirit and body stand in awe of the Almighty God and at His Word. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Fear God for the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Do not come before God irreverently. Honour His name, for the name of Jesus has been exalted above all other name and at the mention of His name every knee bows and every tongue confesses His Lordship. When you call on this awesome name, he will answer you to save, heal, deliver, honour, bless you, set you up on high and preserve your life to full old age.

Like never before, hold God in high esteem and awe and it will surprise you what He will do in your life, family and career, “For since the beginning of the world, man has not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has eye seen any God beside You, who acts for the one who waits for Him” (Isa 64:4).

In this season, the awesome God will act on your behalf.

Shalom.

TESTIMONIES

I want to thank God for His compassion over my family and for crossing us over to 2008.

When God wants to take you to another level, it starts with challenges. Since August 2007, when my landlord informed us to leave his house by December 2000, we have been experiencing challenges in getting a new flat. But I thank God for He finally provided us a place which is far better than where we were at the same price.

Mummy Margaret Bamikole.

I am from a muslim family and when I accepted Christ, it was not easy. Everybody was against me but I thank God for today; everybody who opposed me is on my side.

Secondly, I held on to Sister Helen’s testimony and asked God to it for me as He did it for her and God answered my prayer and my menses which had ceased started again.

Furthermore I want to thank God from protecting me from an accident. A friend of mine kicked off the car while my leg was still out. I was shouting but she could not hear until onlookers had to stop infront of the car before she could stop. I thank God for I had no injury.

Sr. Bridget Aliou

When I became born again, I had so many persecutions; personally, on my child and on my property. The devil attacked me from all angles but, I thank God because He made me victorious and now I have regained my inheritance.

Sr. Janet.

God healed my mother in a wonderful way. She was in Kumba so I called her to come over. I took her to the hospital. On our way to the hospital, she coughed and coughed, but when we got to the hospital, it stopped. The doctors wanted her to cough so that they could conduct a test but she did not cough. Two days after, they were able to conduct the test and it was negative. Since that day, she has never coughed again to the glory of God.

Br. Kenneth.

Sometime ago, God gave me a treasure. I used it foolishly. The Lord warned me and later took it away from me. I prayed and cried to Him. Sincerely, I do not know why He gave me that treasure, but when I became careless, He took it from me. After a while, the Lord gave it back to me. The Lord rewards obedience and I want the church to pray for me that I will not use that treasure foolishly again.

Br.Martin.

At the beginning of 2007, God said it will be a year of Divine Establishment. I was wondering how it was going to happen. I have been trusting God for the salvation of my family especially the salvation of my father. On December 31st 2007, I danced and danced and told my sister that something was going to happen that night.

That same 31st December 2007, my father rededicated his life to God and died on the 1st of January 2008 at 10:00 a.m. I want to thank God because He honoured His covenant with me. We had agreed that nobody will die in my family in 2007 and He did it.

When I was leaving, the Pastor prayed for me and said that souls will be saved. I did not believe him, but that is exactly what happened. It was like a crusade; tracts were distributed at the burial ground.

Again, there was reconciliation in my family. I really want to thank God for establishing my family.

Sr. Manah.

For three years now, I have been trusting God for something and I still have not had it. I want to thank God for He has shown me why I have not had it until now.

Sr. Marie.

Last year I had a call that my mother and sister were sick and that the reason for their sickness was that they had not performed a ritual that was expected of them, so I prayed and God healed them.

Secondly, my mother used to visit native doctors. I prayed and God answered and she no longer does that.

Thirdly, I was trusting God that she (mother) will go closer to Him and God has done it. A Pastor confirmed this to her and even one of those native doctors confirmed it to her that she needs Jesus Christ in her life. I want to thank God for all these.

Sr. Triphine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home