WORD FROM REDEEM ZION

Friday, August 22, 2008

UNDERSTANDING THE KINGDOM

“He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love” (Colossians 1:13)

Christianity or following Jesus Christ is not just about going to church or being religious but it is a matter of being able to understand the kingdom of God, its value and living by it.

The ability or power to perceive the truth and making sound judgement about the rule, authority or dominion of Christ over the kingdoms especially the kingdom of men, the devil and that of God is very important to what you make out of life now and eternally.

Principally, there are two kingdoms- kingdom of Satan and the Kingdom of God, in this write up we shall be speaking on the Kingdom of God.

There are three phases to the Kingdom of God namely the Kingdom of Power, the Kingdom of Grace and the Kingdom of Glory.

a) The Kingdom of Power- this includes the entire universe and extends to every living thing, God controls the forces of nature and of nations. “The Lord God is the King of all the earth, praise with understanding(Ps.47:7). This is God coming into the world to assert his power, glory and right against Satan’s dominion and the present course of the world. It is more than salvation or the church but God expressing himself powerfully in all his works to put an end to crises and bring Satan and his forces to submission.

b) The Kingdom of Grace- this does not include all creatures but only those who have been born-again through the preaching of the gospel (Good news) (John 3:3-5). Repentance from sin and believe in Jesus Christ is the entry point to God’s Kingdom of Grace (Mark 1:15). Only true believers in Jesus Christ are citizens in the Kingdom. The kingdom is governed solely by God’s Word (Jesus Christ) Jesus asserted that He is a King and for this cause, He came to the world (Jn18:37). This kingdom is stronger than the Kingdom of this world. It has continued to grow, flourish in spite of bloody persecution, ridicule, disrupting heresies, science and other evil vices. This Kingdom will continue till the Lord returns. The unmerited love of God is that which is bringing people to His Kingdom. Acceptance of His divine grace by faith is what makes you to be a citizen of the Kingdom. It is the rule of Christ in the hearts of believers and in their midst. (Jn.14:23; Jn.20:22). The fullness of the Kingdom’s blessings is made manifest here- righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. God’s divine nature and creative power is imparted (II Pet.1:2-4). Every good gift and every perfect gift is given- wisdom from above, healing, deliverance, health, prosperity, success etc and is evidenced (Joshua 1:8; III Jn. 3:2).

c) The Kingdom of Glory- is not on earth but in heaven where Christ Himself shall be glorified. The fullness of His glory will be seen and enjoyed by the saints (Lk.24:26; Jn.17:5, 24). Those who are faithful to Him till death shall be crowned here with glory and honour. The souls of the believers enter in to the kingdom of glory at the time of death. (Lk.23:43; Math.25:34). Christ rules the Kingdom of power for the benefit of his kingdom of grace. The chief purpose of the kingdom of grace is to win and prepare men for the Kingdom of glory.

Evidence of a life God’s Kingdom is a life of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Rom.14:17)

WHAT IS YOUR ROLE IN THE KINGDOM?

(1) Seek unceasingly God’s kingdom in all its manifestations, hunger and thirst for God’s presence and power in your life and in the Church. (Math.5:10; Math.6:33)

(2) The Kingdom is taken hold of only by forcefully breaking away from the sinful practices of the human race; turn to Christ, His word and His righteous way. Seek the kingdom in all its power. To experience the kingdom of heaven and all its blessings will require a fight of faith. (Math.11:12).

(3) The kingdom is for those who pray earnestly, no compromise with the world, love the Word, have strong spiritual hunger. It is for people like Joseph (Gen.39:9), Elijah (I Kg.18:21), Mordecai (Esther 3:4-5), Peter and John (Acts 4:19-20), Deborah (Judges 4:9), Ruth (Ruth 1:16-18), Lydia (Acts 16:14-15, 40).

The kingdom of God is for you to fully partake of as heir of the king and joint with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. What Jesus Christ has access to in the kingdom, you have access to it as long as you obey in the same like manner like Jesus. If you be willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the Land.

Shalom.

Pastor Bamikole B. Isaac.

Testimonies

Three years ago, I received a 4month old gift (my grand son) from the United States. Today, this gift is three years old.

It has not been easy but God has been taking care of us. Two days ago, he was ill and I doubted how I will give a testimony with a sick child. I used the mantle on him and he received his healing and here he is very healthy.

I give thanks to God for everything

Mummy Victorine.

This year has been a year of blessings for me. I depended on myself for my rents. As such, I will start keeping money from the beginning of the month because I didn’t want any confrontations with the landlady. This July, God surprised me. I had money for rents this July at home. On Thursday, the pastor said if any money comes to you, you should do God’s own first. So I decided to give out that money for my pledge and behold God worked it out his own way, Praise the Lord.

Sister Manah

I want to thank God for peace and for health and for keeping me up till this day. I also want to thank him for making it possible for me to succeed in my GCE this year because this is my third time of writing. I wrote twice when I was still in the world i.e., not yet born again and praise be unto Jesus because when I gave him my life, he granted me this joy. Glory be unto him forever.

Sister Mary

I want to thank God for His favour. I was amongst those who were chosen to attend a training programme in Nairobi, Kenya. I didn’t do any thing special but it was by the favour of God that I was selected. I had a safe trip and I am back and I also met a Cameroonian there who made my stay comfortable. Praise God!

Sister Julliet

I want to thank God for my family. My son has been suffering from gastric. We prayed and asked God to direct us to the right doctor. He did and now my son is fine. My mother died on the 26th of July. I want to thank God because she just slept off. We did not struggle or spend money on her. I also want to thank God for journey mercies to the village and back. I also want to thank God because two of my children made it in the GCE Advance and Ordinary levels. Praise the Lord!

Mummy Anjei

Since I gave my life to God, I have been struggling with a particular sin. After my water Baptism, I noticed that I was no longer struggling with that sin, that I had left it in the water. Blessed be his holy Name!

Brother Peter

I want to thank God for the great things He has been doing in my family. I have been swimming in the joy of a bouncing baby boy for about one month now. God has added my joy and that of my family because my sister-in-law and younger brother made it in the GCE Ordinary and Advance levels respectively. Praise the Lord!

Brother Randy Joe

God has been visiting my home and family. It has been my prayer that anybody around me should be a partaker of this great thing that God is doing for us.

We have a friend called Helen. We have talked to her about Christ and she did not yield. My wife even got wearied but I told her we needed to keep on praying for her. Yesterday Saturday, we went to visit her and she was speaking the same language with us. She has been converted and she is presently fellowshipping in a living church. Praise the Lord!

Brother Nso

I want to thank God for what he has done to a couple whom I met in 1996. They were childless and I sent a prayer point concerning them and last week when the lady called for me to come, I was glad to see her pregnant after so many years of barrenness.

I also want to thank God for using a friend of mine in America to bless me with just what I needed despite the fact that I did not tell her to send it.

Sister Cecilia

I want to thank God for divine health and for provision because despite the obstacles in life, he has always been there to see me through.

I want to also thank God for taking me to a higher spiritual level because at first when the devil afflicts me with a disease, I will command it violently “Come out” then God brought me to a higher level where when a disease is felt, I will look at it sternly and it will go but now, there is no more disease thus I want to praise God for that.

Brother Takang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home